Setting goals – when done right – puts you on the path to a more desired life. In goal setting, do not make the finish line the main thing or lose sight of the journey.
In episode 67 of The Incrementalist, you will learn:
1) By breaking your big goals down into mini goals, you achieve small wins that build your confidence, grow your knowledge, and keep you on an upward spiral.
2) Goals are spotlights pointing you in a certain direction. They are not always your ultimate destination point.
3) The key differences between extrinsic goals and intrinsic goals.
4) Why it’s better to focus on goals you control, like your daily habits and actions.
5) The benefits of embracing failure as a chance to learn, instead of a negative experience to avoid at all costs.
6) Why you need to choose or design the ideal environment and not rely on your willpower.
7) Fear of hope is a root cause for why we resist change.
8) I’m creating an online course currently titled The Busyness Trap: How to Escape Overload and Focus on What Matters. To get updates on the course launch and registration process, subscribe to my e-newsletter at dyanwilliams.com or The Incrementalist YouTube channel or podcast.
To learn more by reading the transcript, go here.
# # #
Dyan Williams is a productivity coach who helps busy professionals and business owners reduce overwhelm, turn their ideas into action, and focus on what matters. She is also a solo lawyer who practices U.S. immigration law and legal ethics at Dyan Williams Law PLLC. She is the author of The Incrementalist: A Simple Productivity System to Create Big Results in Small Steps.